Monday, April 18, 2011

Two New Structures Erected


I found this birdhouse and bird feeder in the garden shed and mounted them on 1/2" black pipe atop the southern-most pair of posts.




















Since the bird feeder is too inconveniently located to use for that purpose, I took out the plastic seed holder and simply left it open. It will be interesting to see how (or if!) the birds will use this little structure. I'd like to find or make a long bench to run down the middle of it to make it look more like a passenger waiting area.


The birdhouse required a bit of modification since it was originally designed to be suspended from a hook and thus featured a loose bottom. After making a fixed bottom from some scrap material I painted it with primer, then my wife painted the house with the same yellow paint as our house. I finished it up by painting the corners and eaves white to also match the trim on our residence.







No comments:

Post a Comment