Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Side Project to the Side Project

I decided to make a supplementary display for highlighted items and singletons that do not fit with the rest of the fleet using some short pieces of trim that were left over from making the main display. This was super simple. I just cut them all the same length and screwed them together with some old tomato stakes I found in the garden shed.




























I painted the resulting ladder with white primer, followed by a coat of some dark green paint I found in the crawlspace. At first I was alarmed to find out that the dark green paint had gone south to some degree, but the effect was actually kind of interesting - a textured "antique" look.






















I thought the results were ok, so I ran with it. Here's what this corner looks like now that both displays are complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment